There are many positive reasons for modern day couples to have a tiny wedding with the full support of family and friends whilst losing none of the celebration.
We look at some of the benefits of elopements in Spain.
What is an elopement?
Traditionally an elopement was a couple running away from disapproving parents to get married.
Nowadays many couples see getting married with a small wedding ceremony as a stress-free option with the opportunity to have a big party celebration with family and friends at a later date.
Remember to ask your photographer or videographer if they can live-stream your elopement in Spain. This widens your guest list for your love ones to witness your special day wherever they may be in the world (and you don’t have to feed them!)
Stress free elopements in Spain
With a small guest list, you have fewer people to please.
- Organising your wedding becomes a pleasure
- Travel is easier
- Many more venues open up to you
- You can spend more quality time with each guest
This creative journey can be enjoyed even more with the services of a professional wedding planner who will work with you to create your perfect day.
Elopements mean more luxury
Every couple has a particular budget in mind when they save for their wedding day. An elopement or tiny wedding means that you can afford more luxury items for your money.
- Speak to your wedding venue and reserve the best honeymoon accommodation
- Now you can toast your future with the best champagne rather than the house cava
- Ask your caterers to upgrade your menu
- Speak to your florist about more extravagant floral designs for your bouquet and table centrepiece
- And chat with your celebrant about creating a totally bespoke elopement ceremony for you around your unique love story.
Spain has it all
Spain is a big country with a varied choice of scenery from the vast open plains and mountainous ski slopes to long sandy beaches.
The weather can also change enormously creating a lush green and temperate environment in the North to an almost desert-like climate in southern Spain influenced by the nearby coast of Africa.
All this means that there is a landscape and climate for every kind of adventurous elopement imaginable… in one wonderful country… year round!
You want a wedding under a waterfall? You want a ceremony on the ski slopes? You want a sunny beach elopement? Spain has it all.
And now you have down-sized, you can afford it!
Author: Debbie Skyrme is an award winning celebrant, officiating bilingual weddings, elopements and vow renewal ceremonies in the Spanish sunshine.
Featured photographers: Doncel y Alcoba