Gestió i Serveis Trade Center (GIS), the company responsible for marketing and managing the centre, already has four congresses lined up for the last quarter of 2012.
The El Greco Toledo Congress Centre receives its first client today, a well-known pharmaceutical company.
Designed by the architect Rafael Moneo, Prince of Asturias Arts Award Winner 2012, the Toledo Congress Centre is located in the city’s historic centre, perfectly integrated in the adjacent Plaza de Zocodover. The centre privileged located makes its unique in the world.
With a built area of 12,000sqm, the centre’s flexible facilities allow it to host all types of events:
- Fully-equipped auditorium seating a maximum of 1,000 people.
- El Greco function rooms: four divisible function rooms with capacities varying from 32-140 people.
- Sala Miradero: with views of the Zocodover, it can be used as a private venue or meeting room.
- Sala Toledo: multiuse function room capable of hosting exhibitions and events with up to 300 guests.
- Zocodover multiuse venue: multiuse function room ideal for banquets with up to 700 people and exhibitions.
Plan of the Toledo Congress Centre
Besides the first event to be held today, during the last three months of the year, the centre will also host a number of events, including the 14th National Congress of the Spanish Society of Occupational Medicine and Safety (SEMST), the 3rd International Congress for Occupational Risk Prevention, and the 4th National Congress of GESIDA, the AIDS-SEIMC Study Group.
Proof of the popularity of the new centre lies in the fact that GIS has already received more than 80 RFPs from different companies and sectors related to the MICE industry and that an international congress has already been confirmed for 2015. The aim of GIS is to consolidate Toledo as a congress and corporate event destination both on a national and international level.
Exterior view of the Toledo Congress Centre, fully integrated in the city’s historic centre