Significant increase in activity and business during the first half of 2016.
The Seville Convention Bureau (SCCB) held its general assembly of members with a notable increase in activity and business during the first half of 2016: bids won for 147 events, 39 promotional actions, and an economic impact of €72 million.
At the General Assembly of the Seville Convention Bureau, held on 12 July at the city’s chamber of commerce, the half-yearly results were presented and the bureau’s management was reviewed. The members were also informed about the bureau’s activities during the first six months of the year.
During the first of the year, the SCCB achieved two important milestones:
- The implementation of a supplementary funding plan that will allow the SCCB to secure part of the resources that are not provided by the institutions.
- Winning the bid for the prestigious event M&I Forum Summer Destination, scheduled to be held in 2017.
The provisional summary to date includes the following relevant indicators:
- The SCCB’s participation in 14 international tradeshows, seminars and presentations, during which 498 individual contacts were made.
- The organization of nine fam trips with 115 professional participants.
- Sixteen inspection tours for congresses and events, for a total of 55 meeting and event organizers.
- Attending the requests of 668 professional organizers in 39 actions. The SCCB carried out a number of client acquisition and presentation actions – including fam trips, tradeshows, and international promotional actions – tailored to each professional.
- Contribution to the private sector. The SCCB has launched a supplementary funding plan consisting in billing a part of the cost of the congresses and events that it directly attracts itself, as a way of generating the necessary funds for its development and for implementing its action plan.
- Ninety-seven congress and event bids submitted.
- One hundred and forty-seven petitions distributed among its members, representing a 9% year-on-year increase, involving 53,974 participants, representing a 34.5% year-on-year increase.
- Production costs for the aforementioned events totalling 72€ million.
- The SCCB currently has 131 members.
- Statistics for the sevillacb.com website and social network presence.