Last April, 70 executive managers from all over Europe were invited to Madrid for four days by a German financial company.
Iberoteam was the DMC commissioned to design a special programme for 70 executive managers who stayed at the central Hospes Hotel.
For the vast majority, it was their first time in Madrid and, consequently, the challenge was to help them discover and enjoy the city from as many different perspectives as possible:
- Trendy Madrid: a dinner at a venue designed by interior decorators Philippe Starck and Pascual Ortega.
- Active Madrid: a tour of the city centre in English and German speaking GOCARS; the "Rio Madrid" route by bike; and a stroll through the Austrias district of Madrid.
- Gastronomic Madrid: a tapas rally, an Iberian ham slicing demonstration, a visit to the San Miguel Market, and Spanish cooking classes where the participants learned how to prepare eight different kinds of tapas.
- Cultural Madrid: an exclusive afterhours visit to the Prado Museum, so that the participants could admire the works of the great masters in private.
- Madrid and its Wines: tasting and dinners with selected wines.
On the evening of the gala dinner, splendid, chauffeur-driven vintage cars – including a 1957 Cadillac Fleetwood, a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, a pink 1962 Cadillac, a 1964 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, and a 1960 Jaguar MKIX, among others – awaited the participants at the doors of their hotel. The destination of this exceptional soirée was a palace where the participants were given the red carpet treatment and a glass of cava. Following dinner and cocktails, the evening was brought to a close with a flamenco show and more dancing until the early hours of the morning.
Naturally, the participants could not leave Madrid without having had the opportunity to learn more about its surroundings. So, after visiting Chinchon, they were welcomed by the owners of the 150-acre La Losilla estate, where they were treated to a dressage exhibition, sherry, cocktails, lunch and the performance of tuna group.
For the select group of participants it was an unforgettable trip to a city full of life.
Iberoteam organizes an incentive trip to Madrid
With over 15 years of experience, Iberoteam is a DMC specializing in group travel, incentives and events throughout Spain. The Madrid-based company’s highly qualified team designs bespoke trips for its ample client portfolio – featuring, among others, Basf, Betterware, Draeger Medical, CECOFERSA, DL, Janssen Cilag, EAFA, Henkel, LBS, Provinzial, Roche, Turespaña, and WWK – most of whom come from abroad. During 2013, Iberoteam has designed and organized over 50 events.