The Hotel Sol Los Fenicios and the Javier Vilchez Cooking School Present the 1st Edition of the “International Cuisine” Workshops
27/07/2007 - Hotel Sol Los Fenicios/Escuela de CocinaThe Hotel Sol Los Fenicios and the Javier Vilchez Cooking School have organised “International Cuisine” workshops, the first edition of a series cooking classes to be given at the hotel each Saturday from 28 July-1 September.
During an hour and a half, Javier Vilchez will show participants how to prepare each one of the dishes included in the dinner menu: appetiser, first course, main course and dessert. Afterwards, participants will enjoy the dinner menu at the hotel’s restaurant.
- 28 July: Greek cuisine: Athenian cocktail (chickpie cream with black olives), Greek salad with tzatziki sauce, mousaka, halvas with raisins.
- 4 August: Thai cuisine: samosa with spicy cabbage, chicken pad Thai, pineapple and prawn brochettes with curried rice, green tea flan.
- 11 August: Japanese cuisine: prawn mousse with wasabi mayonnaise, sushi selection, chicken brochettes with yakitori sauce, coconut foam with anko (sweet azuki).
- 18 August: Mexican cuisine: light guacamole, totopos (nachos) with cheese sauce, meat-filled tacos and vegetables with kidney beans, cajeta with mango.
- 25 August: Moroccan cuisine: curry foam with almonds, Agadir-style chicken pastela, lamb tajine with couscous, date cake.
- 1 September: summer cuisine: cherry tomatoes stuffed with ham mousse made with olive oil, beetroot gazpacho, chicken brochettes with sweet pepper sauce and white bean puré, watermelon soup with yogurt foam.
Each class with dinner costs €35 (VAT included), excluding drinks, and dinner only €25. Class registration – which is subject to availability (maximum of 20 participants per class) – should be made at the hotel or by telephone (+34 958 827 900).
About Javier Vilchez
A qualified nutritional therapist and dietitian with a broad experience in the restaurant sector, Javier Vilchez is currently the director of the Javier Vilchez School of Cooking and Diet Consultancy in Granada, as well as giving cooking classes to professionals and amateurs, covering all types of cuisine from traditional and international cooking to modern, dietetic and therapy cooking for different complaints. In addition, he contributes recipes to the monthly magazine Simona and collaborates with the TV programme “Edad de Oro” (Canal 21 La Opinion). Likewise, he has his own programme dedicated to cooking and dietetic advice.
About the Hotel Sol Los Fenicios
The first four-star hotel on the Costa Tropical, the Sol Los Fenicios was fully refurbished last winter. Giving on to La Herradura Beach (Almuñecar), this beachfront establishment offers guests quality accommodation and cuisine in a friendly ambience, as well as a personalised service.
Total views: 10.328